Welcome to Beacon Business Innovation Hub
Welcome to Beacon Business Innovation Hub, an Alternative Provision Free school that opened in September 2014 with a unique, creative curriculum for 14 – 19 year olds. BBIH is co-located at the heart of the Beacon Campus. The state-of-the-art learning space was designed to mirror a professional and contemporary, working environment and officially opened in October 2015.
The curriculum vision is not about equivalence, but a different type of success that provides aspirational work related, occupational pathways and progression routes tailored to suit individual student needs. This is underpinned by our tutoring system that puts young people at the heart of their future success.
BBIH is wholly committed to the principles of personalised learning, both in terms of supporting learners to explore the curriculum from a variety of different starting points, and establishing a community which fosters the development of young people into emotionally, socially and intellectually mature individuals by:
- Maximising achievement through personalised learning in a positive culture of respect, independence, and personal responsibility
- All students will be supported to achieve their basic entitlement of good English & maths GCSE qualifications, if not achieved already
- Maximise support by removing barriers to learning and increasing the opportunities for all students to achieve
- Maximising learning through curriculum innovation and quality
- Ensuring meaningful progression opportunities for all our students
- Maximising respect to engender a calm environment of mutual respect and responsibility
In conclusion, BBIH’s key priority is to hook the hearts and minds of students with an occupational, business driven curriculum that relates to their ‘real lives’ and aspirations.
Beacon Business Innovation Hub
SUMMER OF SUCCESS 2017
87% passes across all vocational subjects
100% passes in Childcare, Business and Enterprise, Financial Capability, Catering and Performance Skills
Maths – 70% Success Rate
English – 64% Success Rate
100% pass for ECDL with top grades for most students
Request For Copies
If you require a hard copy of the information on our website, please contact us and this will be provided free of charge.
Exciting new courses are now all underway including: GCSE Science, GCSE Psychology, level 2 Music Production, level 3 sports coaching, level 3 Childcare, Photography and Art.
A very big 'well done' to all our students. Click above to read more......
Once a term, students from across the trust attend a football tournament at the Powerleague, which is organised by the Essex Football Association.
Catering students were given the opportunity to cook a Christmas lunch for staff members. They produced a three course meal consisting of some complex cooking methods.